Join Visibility for “The Dynamics and Complexities of Colorism Mini Series.”
March 26, 2018 – April 26, 2018
8:00 PM EST
Listen Live: Complexity Talk Radio
Listener Line: 323-642-1562
Call to ask questions, comment of share
About the Mini-Series
Visibility is producing a mini-series titled “The Dynamics and Complexities of Colorism airing live beginning on March 26, 2018 and ending on April 26, 2018. The six-episode mini-series will focus on girls and women of color as victims of colorism and will explore the psychological, emotional, physical and social traumas of colorism with an emphasis on how colorism affects the self-love, self-esteem, self-identity, self-respect and self-pride of girls and women of color as victims of intraracial and interracial colorism.
Topics will include the complexities of colorism, relationships, film, music, media, the workplace, superiority, inferiority, colorism complex, skin color complexes, education, colorism in Brazil, the effects of colorism on children, girls and women of color, colorism and families, status, understanding the detrimental effects of colorism, learning to embrace differences, myths, healthcare, among other relevant discussion topics.
- Monday, March 26, 2018, Introduction to The Dynamics and Complexities of Colorism Mini-Series, Dr. Donnamaria Culbreth
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018: The Color of Love: Colorism in Brazil. Guest, Dr. Elizabeth Hordge-Freeman
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018: Colorism in Film, Music and Media, Guest: Dr. Yaba Blay
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018: Colorism in the Workplace, Guest: Dr. Niambi Powell
- Wednesday, April 18, 2018 Colorism in Relationships, Dr. Cassandra Chaney
- Thursday, April 26, 2018: Girls, Women of Color and Colorism. Guests Dr. Elizabeth Hordge-Freeman and other guests.
Episodes will air live via: Complexity Talk Radio, Inc.
Links for each episode will be shared via Twitter: @Visibility_live, @NGWCC #colorism #visibility